Business owners, international workers, corporations, investors and students all choose to trust Said & Associates with their immigration requirements. How can we assist you with your Business Immigration plans?
Maryland Business Immigration Attorneys
Said & Associates offers legal assistance to corporations, immigrant workers, students, investors, and business owners looking to obtain a business visa in the United States. Whether you are looking to enter the U.S for a brief business trip or for an extended period of time, our attorneys will help you discover the best path to take
For those interested in short term travel to the United States for the purpose of business, a B-1/ B-2 visitor visa is available. Some short-term business activities include contract negotiations, business consultations or conferences set for specific dates. To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
B1 and B2 Visitor Visa Eligibilty
- The purpose your trip must be for a activities dealing with a legitimate business
- You plan on staying for a limited period of time
- You have the funds necessary to cover the expenses involved in your trip to the United States
- You have a residence outside of the United States, and you do not plan on abandoning that residence
- You are otherwise admissible to the United States
For corporations interested in hiring immigrant workers, there are a number of nonimmigrant (temporary) visas available. Depending on the type of workers the corporation will be sponsoring, visa types include but are not limited to an H-1B, H-2A, H-3, O-1 and P-1A. Religious Institutions are also eligible to sponsor workers through the R-1 Religious Worker program.
Other business visas like the treaty investment E-2 visa are possible through self-sponsorship. These are limited to nationals of certain countries which have a commerce agreement with the United States. These investors may relocate and reside in the United States for as long as they direct and develop their business. The visas are renewable every two years and the spouses of the E-2 visa principal is eligible for work authorization.
In addition to temporary work opportunities, there are 140,000 immigrant visas available each year to qualifying workers and their families. Business visas of this variety are offered in 5 preference categories, and they can be differentiated as follows:
- First Preference EB-1 - For individuals with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.
- Second Preference EB-2 - For individuals who hold advanced degrees in the arts, sciences, or business.
- Third Preference EB-3 - For professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.
- Fourth Preference EB-4 - For “special immigrants” such as religious workers, employees of U.S foreign service posts, retirees from international organizations, and other classes of aliens.
- Fifth Preference EB-5 - For certain business investors.
Obtaining a green card through employment can be a complex and lengthy process which requires a job offer, a labor certification, and about a 2-year wait but over 10 years if you come from an oversubscribed country. The national interest waiver is available for immigrants who can self-petition, can prove exceptional ability and whose employment in the United States would greatly benefit the national interest. This is a good category for post-doctoral candidates, especially in the STEM field.
Additionally, Said & Associates has extensive experience in F-1 and M-1 student visas. If you are interested in coming to the United States for the purpose of studying, we can help.
Whatever your business immigration needs, our team of attorneys will find the right solution for you, your corporation, and your family. Schedule a consultation to talk with us today to discuss your immigration needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
5513 Twin Knolls Road, Suite 219
Columbia, Maryland 21045
Tel: (410) 988-3100
Hours: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Mon - Sat
Payment: all major credit cards, cash, check, money orders, cashiers check